Delivering Prescribed Information Late

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Deposits Delivering Prescribed Information Late
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
N
Nemo
10 Posts
0 Thanks
I was releived to read in one of your articles last year that you helped a landlord appeal against a decision to prosecute him over giving the bond information late. At the same time I was advised by the NLA that landlords are being prosecuted up and down the country for doing this - registering late, giving information late and giving the bond back late. Their advice was to sit tight,and hope they don't prosecute us and then sue the agency for acting incorrectly on our behalf.
1)What is actually happening in the courts at the moment. Did the RLA case stand as a test case? 2)Are tenants successfully presecuting landlords? I am asking because our agency took bonds without telling us on three properties. As a result we have been late registering bonds and giving information. The tenants told us that they want all their bond back (despite damaging some of the furniture), they want rent back during the times they were not there, and they want us to pay 30 towards their gas and elec bills for 6 months. They hinted that we were late in giving them information and paying the bond back!
27/07/2009 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband