Tenancy Deposit.

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Deposits Tenancy Deposit.
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
J
Jedi
32 Posts
0 Thanks
I have a number of long standing tenants that have not paid a deposit or have had their deposits returned.

They are all families that claim housing benefits that are paid directly to my bank account. The government will be changing the payment system so that the tenant gets the benefits and should then pay their own rent and I need some safeguard should payments stop being made by the tenants.

The tenants have been in my properties for between 5 and 10 years and I have had no problems with them.

I did not issue section 21 notices to the tenants when they started the tenancies as I was not a RLA member and did not know about section 21 etc.

I have renewed the AST agreements every six months until recently when they have now converted into periodic tenancies.

I now want to issue section 21 (a) notices with new AST agreements as I am changing the payments from Four Weekly to Calendar Monthly.

My question is that when the tenants sign new AST agreements will I have to take a deposit and place it with deposit guard?.

Thank You

04/07/2012 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Six Hills House
Landlord Broadband