How clean does the house have to be when they leave?

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Deposits How clean does the house have to be when they leave?
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
1 Posts
0 Thanks
Our tenants left on Monday and we inspected the property with them present. The inventory was fine, but the house was not clean enough for someone else to move in (in my opinion). They had very obviously been cleaning up but I know I'll have to spend a few days there to make it fit for re-letting.
The house was newly decorated when they moved in but the carpets were not new. MOstly the carpets were fine except for the hall. Now the sitting room carpet is pretty dirty and the hall carpet will have to be replaced. The sitting room will have to be redecorated too as there are quite a few knocks and scrapes.
I've not had to deal with this before, we've always had good tenants and the last one shtat vacated got a company in to clean when they moved out.
I just wondered what the realistic expectation is? We have a deposit held in a scheme so I have to decide soon if I am to withold some of it. They know I was not satified and that I have said I'm asking advice about how the property should be left.
24/11/2010 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Six Hills House
Landlord Broadband