How to challenge result of DPS deposit adjudication

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Deposits How to challenge result of DPS deposit adjudication
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
S
Scott_787
13 Posts
1 Thanks
I would like to know how I can challenge a DPS adjudication decision to return a deposit to a tenant.

The tenant was issued a Section 8 notice to vacate because of rent arrears, and the agent checkout report confirmed damages including holes in walls and broken light fittings (500 to repair). The tenant acknowledged the arrears (2,500) and suggested we go halves on the deposit (775). I received half from DPS, the balance was in dispute.

The adjudicator decided in favour of the tenant primarily because I didn't include a copy of the tenancy agreement with my claim (although I do have one, of course). They also said there was no evidence of non-payment of rent (even though adjudicator confirmed receipt of rent statement and Section 8 confirming arrears) or any evidence of damage (even though they confirmed receipt of a report from agent confirming damage).

Is there anything I can do to appeal the decision of the adjudicator?

Scott.

01/09/2011 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband