Clarification Prescibed information

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Deposits Clarification Prescibed information
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
D
DECAY
356 Posts
5 Thanks
I take the deposit on the move-in day along with the rent. Therefore I cannot insure it through mydeposits ahead of time, but do so within the 30 days.
The certificate along with the information for tenants leaflet signed by me but not by the tenant is sent by post to the flat.
To have proof of sending these documents I then send a scanned email of the certificate with my signature and a link to the information for tenants information document from the mydeposits site to the tenants email address. This show the date and time on the file.
The certificate also provides some of the prescribed information for tenants on the second sheet with the mydeposits scheme.

Am I legal as I can prove I have sent it electronically if there is a dispute ? Please note I have not left it to the tenants to scan the web for this information.

29/01/2013 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Six Hills House
Landlord Broadband