Tenancy deposit dispute

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Deposits Tenancy deposit dispute
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
1 Posts
0 Thanks
Hi
I had a tenant who was due to move out end of May. I allowed him an extra 10 days without charge to move out as he had not arranged for removal in time. When he did move out, he left a lot of bulky things still in the property including a huge and very heavy multigym itending to put it on ebay and sell it. There was some damage to the property and it was not left in a clean state. I tried to pin him down to a day to remove his furniture without any success so eventually arranged for a removal van to dismantle the gym (for which they charged extra) and told tenant the amount would be deducted from the deposit. He was not taking my calls so a lot of the communication was by txt and emails from me. The deposit is held in a shceme and I have been going round and round in circles as tenant refuses to engage in their dispute resolution scheme. The scheme have now said I need to take action through the court as tenant is not cooperating or responding positively. The money has been held and neither I nor tenant can access it. Can anyone advise what is the best course of action for me to follow? Many thanks for any tips.
08/10/2012 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband