Buying property with tenants

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Types and Management Buying property with tenants
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
E
Eranga
6 Posts
0 Thanks
Hi

Can I purchase a property with tenants in it who are on a rolling contract with the current landlord/vendor under an AST and then once purchased would I be able to evict the tenants?

The issue here is that the vendor wants to get rid of the property with the tenants but I'm not prepared to sign a new AST as they seem evasive and trouble. As the deal is good, I'm prepared to buy this property as long as I can issue section 21 ans if need be Court proceedings but I'm unlear as to whether I can proceed with that process when the AST is not with me but with the current landlord/vendor. The vendor is prepared for my lawyer to hold a 2000 retention. The rent is 450pcm and mortgage will be 130pcm.

Is the AST transferable on sale of the property? If I sign a new AST, then I will be committed to minimum of 6 months which I do not want to do. If I go on that route and if the tenant breaches by not paying rent from month one, then can I evict them prior to six months? If it is tricky to respond via email, I appreciate it if you can please contact me on 07780673256.

Thanks

Eranga

16/03/2013 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions