Join the Residential Landlords Association

tree pollarding

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Types and Management tree pollarding
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
1 Posts
0 Thanks
Hello. We are landlords to a house converted to 2 flats, ground and first flor. the ground floor flat has a door leading to the rear garden where they have sole access. there is a small front garden where both flats use for access to the front door. The ground floor tenant has complained that the trees to the front and rear of the house (but within the boundary) have overgrown and need attention. I arranged for 2 tree surgeons to inspect and they both have come back to say the trees need pollarding and reducing with a price ranging from 730 - 1,300. the ground floor tenancy has a clause saying they need to maintain the garden although no plan is attached to show which garden is relevant (we assume the ground floor tenant is aware that the back garden is her responsibility). Do you think therefore that this cost of tree care should be covered by the tenant as a responsibility under their tenancy agreement or should we as landlords cover the cost? I look forward to your views.

Regards, Sarah Bradley

11/09/2008 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
99 Homes
John Pye Auctions