Rent Books & Weekly Payment

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Types and Management Rent Books & Weekly Payment
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
D
Defender
81 Posts
1 Thanks
Dave -

Hi, I collect our rents weekly by standing order. Logic is that its far less emotional and recoverable if a tenant misses one week rather than one month payment.

I however read that I have to issue a rent book to the tenant if I collect it weekly but not if I collect at a frequency greater than weekly.

My question is, what is the definition of a rent book? Obviously, historically it was a duplicate book that the man in the long leather coat would fill in on a Friday night to confirm payment had been received. I cover the same function by issuing an excel spreadsheet indicating when the rent is due and what rent has been received. The "receipt" is duplicated in that the tenant has a bank entry showing the money going out and I have an entry (hopefully) of the money coming in.

Am I doing it right or do I have to take other measures.

Many thanks as always

16/07/2008 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions