Service Charge / Maintenance

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Types and Management Service Charge / Maintenance
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
A
Amatuer Landlord
61 Posts
3 Thanks
I have a few flats in a block and have an 'issue' over some proposed work and recently carried out work.

We have received 'Notice Of Intention To Carry Out Work' to drain gulleys in the carpark area. I understand the Management Co have to issue this notice if they anticipate the cost to each tenant to be in excess of 250 - there are 24 flats!

There is no specific mention in the Lease of where the tenants obligations begin or end in relation to the outside common areas - only that the Landlord must maintain "the main entrances, lifts, passages landing and staircases and other parts of the building so enjoyed or used by the Lessees and the garden boundary walls and fences of the building".

There was also a very large tree in the carpark area that was removed at a cost of 2000 to the service charge account.

My question is do I have a legal right to challenge the cost of repairs/maintenance to the gardens/carpark area when there is no specific mention (other than that noted above) in the lease as to who is responsible for maintenance of this area?

regards

05/01/2008 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband