When does this new tenancy offer take effect?...... If at all!

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Types and Management When does this new tenancy offer take effect?...... If at all!
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
T
Tupenceworth
412 Posts
4 Thanks
In 2010 I issued a written 13week (summer only ) contact to a student. The agreement was that this would expired on 30th Aug 2010. As the 30th approached the tenant expressed an interest in having a new longer term contract. I prepared and sent a new payment schedule and contract that started on the 1st September 2010. This was for a 38week period at a higher rent. Tenant made last payment in August 2010, he received the new higher payment details but has not yet paid any of the payments due. Questions:- On the 1st September (i) did the 13week contract actually default into a periodic tenancy at the same rent as the 13week contract (which can only be ended by issuing a S21A) ,or (ii) by staying in the property after receiving the new rent offer, has the tenant, by default, actually acepted the new higher payment?
27/02/2011 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband