Delay in Issuing Possession Notice from Court

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Types and Management Delay in Issuing Possession Notice from Court
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
Mellors500
66 Posts
1 Thanks
We were granted possession in 14 days under Section 8 (8,10 &11) on 4th July. The tenant did not attend as he was in Crown Court for sentencing on a criminal charge (good class of tenant). I rang the Court two days later to see when the notice would be issued as the tenant says he will not move out until he receives the notice as advised by his solicitor. He didn't go to jail so he wants to stay on in the property for a further rent free period. The Court clerk is on holiday so there will be a delay in issuing the notice - they say the notice doesn't start until the issue, I expected the notice to commence when the Judge signed the Court Order. Am I correct? What if my tenant blocks up his (my)letterbox? He has overstayed his welcome now rent free for 5 months and I need him out as soon as possible. I thought the end was in sight but now seems we have to wait for one court clerk to finish his holidays!
10/07/2006 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband