can you please advise me:

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Types and Management can you please advise me:
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
3 Posts
0 Thanks
I am a new member and trying out the system...I let a colleague use my flat from 12th November when my tenant moved out until now, on the understanding (with witnesses present) that as he could not afford to live in my flat as a tenant,due to his low wage, he could use it until he found a room in a shared house. No money has changed hands, no bills have been paid by him and no tenancy agreement was given. I have 7 other tenants who get credit searched and referenced before they get a tenancy agreement with an S21 form and they do not get the keys until i get the rent up front. The guy is now saying that the housing office have advised him that he is a tenant as I gave him the key and I must go to court to get him out...surely I can prove he was not a tenant in that I did not carry out the pretenancy procedures which i do for all my tenants and I have not taken any money off him...what do I do now
14/12/2006 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions