More Rent Arrears

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Types and Management More Rent Arrears
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
P
PilotPete
12 Posts
0 Thanks
I have a property let on a rolling short-hold tenancy agreement for almost two years. For the last year the tenant has been unreliable with rent - a week or two late. More recently it has become one month late. I served notice on the tenant (not stating section 8 or 21) by way of a letter with an agreed vacation date which she signed, dated and returned giving 3 months notice (for various reasons).

However one month of the three has now passed and she is two months in arrears with rent. She refuses to communicate and ignores all phone calls, emails, letters, etc. Even pretends she is not in when I stand outside the front door.

I feel I should now serve a section 21 and section 8 notice for the arrears. Is there anything else I can or should be doing at this stage? Bad tenants always appear at bad times and this one is making me very financially stretched going forward.

Thanks in advance,
Pilot Pete

31/12/2006 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband