Management agency

You are here : Member Forums Access Management agency
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
K
K
16 Posts
0 Thanks
I own and let two apartments in a block of 12 which is managed by an agency. This agency is responsible for maintaining the building including cleaning the communal areas, garden maintenance etc. They are the sole key holder for the electric cupboard for all 12 apartments. My issue is that this agency will not read the electric meters or will release the key to myself to read the meters on a change of tenancy. They will only release a key to the electricity supplier, due to health and safety! (I am by the way an electrical engineer) but they still will not release a key for a meter reading, but they do give the key to the cleaners!!. They emailed me saying they will get the cleaner to take a reading on 24th August, I am still waiting for a reading. I have now two new tenants who have moved in and still do not have a final meter reading for the last tenants who moved out. They are also not cleaning the windows on the ground floor apartment because the garden is overgrown and difficult to get to the windows.

As regards the health and safety to the meter cupboard, I threw this back at them as I wanted to know if access is required out of normal working hours due to a power fail either for an individual apartment or the whole block, how would access be gained.

They have not replied with any e-mails since I highlighted this point.

I have now stopped paying the monthly charge for both apartments and still heard nothing.

In the meantime I will have to foot the electricity bill for both apartments as a reading has not been taken for my new tenants.

I welcome any comments, advice, action to be taken that you may have.

Kevin

15/10/2010 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband