Ending Tenancy Early When It's a Fixed 1 Year Contract

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Types and Management Ending Tenancy Early When It's a Fixed 1 Year Contract
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
G
Garabaldi
20 Posts
1 Thanks
I am using the RLA AST. It's a 1 Year tenancy with no break clause. I usually have a break clause but on this occassion I did not. Currently 7 months into the tenancy. I recently had cause to enter the property (legally) and in my opinion the tenant has broken the terms and conditions. I am referring to clause B4 "You must keep the inside of the property in at least as good a condition as it was when the tenancy started (fair wear and tear excepted)." and a clause I added about smoking which the tenant has clearly disregarded.

The question I have is can I serve the tenant with a Section 21 notice now on the basis that he has broken the terms and conditions or do I have to wait until 10 months have elapsed and then inform him that the tenancy will not be renewed and serve the Section 21 at this point in time.

02/01/2007 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband