Notice Period

You are here : Member Forums Access Notice Period
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
P
Paul_813
30 Posts
1 Thanks
Hi RLA,

I wonder if you could help me please?

I have a tenant who gave me notice on the 20th October verbally (I confirmed in writing via email what was said and the notice date given verbally the same day) she acknowledged my email and we were looking toward the the 12th January 2012 to end the AST.

Also, this notice was technically not given correctly as my AST states that notice must be given on a *rent payment date*, so it should have been given on the 13th November. However, I accepted her notice, as it gave me ample time to find another tennat to move in.

Now the tenant has withdrawn this date and has stated that she will be moving *around early December* I cannot get a firm moving out date from her and now have anther tenant waiting for a date in which to move.

My question is this please:-

Until I receive the firm notice date in writing from the tenant, have I technically not been given any notice at yet? (even though it was verbally given to me on the 20th October until the 12th January 2012, then withdrawn). Once I do receive a firm date in writing from my tenant, can this then be treated as the notice period please?

Many thanks, Paul.

07/11/2011 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband