Best way of enforcing judgment?

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Types and Management Best way of enforcing judgment?
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
L
Luci
36 Posts
2 Thanks
Having got my possession order and judgment for arrears of 1500, the tenant has left (sometime before we got the order) I don't know where he is, or if he has a job, or anything really useful. I note from RLA pages that I can get an attachment of earnings order (if he has got a job and I can track down his employer, but as he left tons of undelivered leaflets and other (fairly worthless) belongings in the flat, this seems unlikely) or something similar on his bank account (if there's anything in it.) Please can you advise what it is best to do? Would you spend money on a private detective to try to find the guy, or apply for money from his bank account using any old bank details I can find? What address would you put on the court form, as we now have possession and he is not there? And finally, can I burn all the abandoned leaflets and sell the odd bits of sports gear at a boot sale? Thanks for your help.
22/01/2007 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband