Can I Change the locks?

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Types and Management Can I Change the locks?
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
mathilda
34 Posts
0 Thanks
In April 2006 I got some tenants into my property through the local council's housing initiatives scheme. The tanants and animals they have brought into the house which is in breach of our contract, ruined the property. The neighbours called the RSPCA who came and took the animals away. I wrote a letter to them on the 12th December 2006 telling them that I intend to seek repossession of my property. FRom that day, they stayed away from the property and only visit it to collect their mail. I have left several notices asking them to contact me but they refuse to do that. They have not paid their part of the rent since December. I Have just also received a letter from the benefit office that as from the 29th of January they will not pay the rent anylonger as the tenants have failed to renew their benefit claim.I have spoken to the Council's Housing initiatives team leader on many occasions. They have sent officers round to the property twice and left messages for them to contact the office but they have refused to do so as well.
Is it OK to change the Locks to get them to contact me?
15/02/2007 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Remove a Tenant
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions