Possession and notice

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Types and Management Possession and notice
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
L
Lou_665
24 Posts
0 Thanks
Hi
I thought i had a house share license with my tenant. I gave him one months notice that i wanted him to vacate his room. He is not in arrears. I have been told by the local council that this may invalid. He is insisting that he has an assured shorthold tenancy agreement although the paperwork he signed was not signed as such and he shares the kitchen and all other common rooms with myself and other friends of mine. Given that his agreement is actually an AST which i did not contract to nor did he but maybe it was created unbeknownest to either of us under the law, how do i deal with it now.
Do i have to provide him notice as if he had an AST ie 2 months notice under the correct Section and if that is so do i have to give him 2 months notice as of todays date or of the date that i originally served him with notice under the contract i believed he had ie "a room in a shared house with a resident owner".

25/02/2007 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband