Tennants Refuse to collect Sec.8 Notices and Schedule of Payment for Damages to Porperty

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Types and Management Tennants Refuse to collect Sec.8 Notices and Schedule of Payment for Damages to Porperty
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
4 Posts
1 Thanks
My tennants owe 2000 in rent, and 3864 in damages. Once the deposit is deducted the amount owed is 4651, plus interest.
I have served 2 notices to the both tennants who have different addrrsses that were written on the tenancy agreement for my property(one of the addresses is her father's house). This tennant has has not collected the the recorded delivery notice from her local post office. The other tennant's notice was returned to myself by the post office indicating that the recorded delivery was refused.
I had sent another section 8 earlier with recorded delivery to the tennancy address which was also returned by the post office because the tennants had not gone to the post office to collect it after delivery was attempted.

Can I proceed with and claim for the outstanding amount in the small claims court? or do I need to serve them more notices ant give them a further 14 days to reply?

Thank You

26/02/2007 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband