Fire problems and problem tenatn

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Types and Management Fire problems and problem tenatn
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
the house that Jack built
58 Posts
0 Thanks
I have a problem tenant within a student group who has been upleasant enough to cause 2 of the 6 tenatns to move out. I agree that his behaviour is soemthing I would not want to live with and that they have tried reasonable steps to remedy the situation. It is my opinion that it is him who should leave the property - the same thing happened in his previous year house with another group.

The grounds I have for evicting him are:
Starting a fire in the kitchen at 3am (leaving a fat pan whilst on internet)
Since then, refusing to close the kitchen fire door
Unscrewing of his bedroom and the kitchen fire door closers
Bringing a wardrobe intot he house and leaving it on the landing - which is the fire escape route.
REfusal to maintain the kitchen in a hygeinic state (we are not nit picking here)

other issues that I am not sure contravene any contract law are deliberate noise making at anti-social hours (3-5 am), hurling furniture 'for fun', leaving the front door on the latch, raising the other tenants at all hours because he's forgotten his key..

My questions are
a) can I evict him and how quickly can it be done?
b) do I have to stand the rent for the remainder of the year if I
evict him?
c) are their any alternative solutions?

02/03/2007 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Landlord Broadband