RLA Member Peabody Trust tenant + audit

You are here : Member Forums Access RLA Member Peabody Trust tenant + audit
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
S
Steve RLA Member
2 Posts
0 Thanks
Can you please advise me? I have been a Peabody tenant all my life, 40+ years. I am a RLA Member & have a small portfolio for my pension whilst still living in my Peabody flat. My question is this, my landlord - the Peabody Trust, turned up unannounced at my front door recently to conduct an audit- no mention of it from other tenants or in their own magazine. I have never heard of them doing this. They asked me to confirm my name, date of birth & contact telephone number - fair enough. They then asked me to sign a 2 sided sheet of A4 paper for 'data protection' which hadn't even been filled in & asked to see photo I.D. to prove who I was. I declined the last 2 requests as I am not going to sign anything on my doorstep in this manner & after being a secure tenant for over 12 years I wondered if they are even allowed to request me to prove who I am with photo I.D. in this manner? Can anyone advise me with this one please?
19/09/2012 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband