section 21 notice

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Types and Management section 21 notice
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
Mc
1 Posts
0 Thanks
I wish to serve a section 21 notice to my periodic tenant. Her tenancy agreement started 11th March 2005 to 10th September 2005. She is still in the property and she wants to be evicted. I tried evicting her using section 21 but the judge denied my claim because of an anomaly with the notice that i served especially with the date possession is required. He said i should have stated possession is required after the date i specified.

I need to evict the tenant again.

Should i use section 21(4)(a)?

I will be serving it on the 6th of April by recorded mail first class. So to follow your scenario, if i state after June 12th 2007 as the date possession is required is that ok?

Thanks for your help. Please reply asap so i can serve my notice

I forgot to say that the tenant is current with rent even though she had failed to pay 3 months rent in 2006 and i had obtained judgement in small claims court for the unpaid rent. The bad news is that she only pays 50 pounds a month with no interest on the principal.

regards

03/04/2007 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband