New tenant has disclosed that she has a health problem, and believes property is unhealthy for her

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Types and Management New tenant has disclosed that she has a health problem, and believes property is unhealthy for her
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
W
Wembley
11 Posts
10 Thanks
I have just let a ground floor flat in a victorian building. The tenant has reported that wall paper lifting in one corner of the bedroom, and the plaster being blown and claims there is a damp problem. There is no evidence of mold. I have inspected the property and accept this, however the tenant is claiming that the flat presents a health issue to a medical condition she has, and is seeking that I provide alternative accomadtion or pay for it whilst I conduct repairs. This medical contion was never disclosed to me before contracts were signed. The previous tenant of this flat was quite happy there also.

I am quite happy to replaster a small section of wall, and redecorate the room, however I my questions are

1) Should I be liable for alternative accomadation, whilst the work is carried out. I believe NOT!

2) Does any kind of damp consistute a health issue, even when there are little signs of mold.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

11/04/2007 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions