Section 21

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Types and Management Section 21
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
D
DM
22 Posts
0 Thanks

Hi,
Q1) I have issued a Section 21 following guidelines you lay down. The rent is due on the 2nd; therefore the notice is set on the 1st. I have this signed/dated by the tenant. However when the tenancy was taken out in Aug 06 there was a joint tenancy and both tenants signed the AST. The second tennant left the property 6 months a go but I have no formal record of this. He just disappeared. I have only named the Section 21 in the existing tennants name. Have I made a mistake? Will the judge throw this out?
Q2) I will be issuing a further notice on another property. I have a similar issue with one of the tenants leaving. This time it was a couple, not married. The person who left is the only one who signed the AST although all are named on it. Therefore I now have a lady and two children living there, not paying rent. When I serve the notice should I put all names on it, including the names of the children on the tenancy agreement? I assume itís acceptable that he signed on their behalf. Is that correct?

Thanks.

10/11/2007 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband