Early Termination of Letting Agreement

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Types and Management Early Termination of Letting Agreement
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
2 Posts
1 Thanks
Can you please advise where I stand re the following.

My tenant gave me a months notice on his tenancy and left on May 4th.This is his second year of tenancy, and the second one year agreement expires on 4th Sept 2009.
I agreed that the tenant could go early because in his "notice email" he said that he was aware of his obligation under clause 5.5 of the Letting Agreement that we were signatories to....quoted below..

Surrender of the Tenancy by the Tenant
"5.5 Strictly with the landlord's or his agents prior written consent and subject to certain conditions that may include the landlord's reasonable costs associated with reletting the premises, the tenant might be allowed to surrender or give up this tenancy before it could otherwise be ended."

On this understanding I consented to foregoing the 950pcm x 4 months (GBP3800)rent.

The Agency that I use for finding tenants(I manage the property) informed the tenant that the reletting fee would be 75% of one calendar's month rent +VAT.
Which I consider to be "reasonable costs" as per agreement am I correct?

The tenant has offered a maximum of GBP100 and threatened me with solicitors if I do not agree.

This member has been thanked by 1 member for this post.
13/05/2009 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Landlord Broadband