Tenants have ruined my furniture

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Types and Management Tenants have ruined my furniture
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
S
stevetodd
13 Posts
0 Thanks
I have just received a call from the management off of the block of flats in which I rent out a property. They asked me if I wanted them to organise the removal of the 3 pice suite which has been dumped in the garden since around xmas. I was quite supriesd to hear this as the tenants have not given me any problems and appeared to be model tenants. Their 12 month contract ends on 31st July, and I hold a 6 week deposit of 1,560. I believe this has happened because they may be sub letting the 2 bedrooms and living in the lounge themselves. Providing no damage is done I do not particularly mind that, but obviously damage has now ocurred. Having only just heard I am still thinking it over but my initial reaction is to not over react but calmly explain that they will have to re-imburse me for the furniture now rather than wait until the end of the tenancy. Does anyone have any ideas?
02/05/2007 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband