1) AST agreement for 6 months went without incident
2) After the 6 months I wrote new AST for 12 months due to expire 29 May 2007
3) I issued section 21(1)B notice on 27-03-07 that I require possession of the property on 29 May 2007. This was delivered in person as tenant did not pick on registered post delivered earlier.
A witness was present when I delivered notice.
4) It has been impossible to get permission to get into the property
despite several notices.
5) Tenant called me yesterday (10/5/07) to say that
(according to the council)
she can stay in the property until housed by the council. (I thought this was ludicrous). Effectively she is saying that she is not moving out on the 29 May 2009.
6) Tenant owes £150 in rent. She did not pay all her rent for two months.
What do I do next if she does not move out on the 29 May 2007 as per current AST? I am new at this so I'll like to know the whole eviction procedure.
Want to read more?
This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.