S21(1)(b) and break clause options

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Types and Management S21(1)(b) and break clause options
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
P
PS
3 Posts
0 Thanks
My tenants have given in writing, two months notice to terminate our tenancy agreement, using the 6month break clause which had been written in to the AST. I agreed to the termination in writing.These tenants then asked if they could change their minds and have a further two month extension beyond the original termination date of their AST . I had to say no because I had already advertised the property and arranged viewings. I have now accepted a deposit from new tenants and I have issued a pre-tenancy agreement subject to contract. What would happen if the original tenants refused to leave on the agreed date? I had already issued the S21(1)(b) at the start of the tenancy. Do I have to issue another notice or do anything else to make the early departure enforceable in law?
04/05/2008 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband