Property let to housing assoc

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Types and Management Property let to housing assoc
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
1 Posts
0 Thanks
I am in the 2nd year of a three year lease with a housing association.
Last month I received a telephone call from their tenant regarding some damage that had occured. I visited the property that same day to find not only that problem, but serious neglect of my property. On site was also a surveyor for the housing association who was inspecting the damage. I immidiatly called the housing officer to
tell them of my concerns. I was told that nothing had previously been noted. It is obvious that they have not done any inspection on my property and if they had they did not advised my of any outstanding problems. I sent them a letter outlining this to which they have replied by advising me that their sub tenants have been re-housed. They returned the keys and giving me a long list of repairs and decoration to complete within 2 weeks or the rental payments will cease until works have been carried out. This is impossible to do in two weeks also once done I don't think I want to hand the property back to them! What can I do?
21/06/2007 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Landlord Broadband