At what point can I legally change the locks

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Types and Management At what point can I legally change the locks
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
N
NMF Cotswolds
8 Posts
0 Thanks
I have a tenant who is working and on housing benefit. She has fallen more than 2 months behind with the rent so I have served a section 8 seeking posession with court proceedings beginning after 3rd July. The council have also now terminated her benefit. When I queried this, I discovered she had made a fresh application for another property and the council are of the opinion she moved into the new house on 8th June.

She said she would be out of my property by Friday 29th but has twice now failed to meet me at the house to hand the keys back. When I entered the property at the time of the second failed meeting, she still has a few belongings in the house, and there are several holes "punched" in a plasterboard wall. Can anyone advise on the best way forward.

Many thanks....

01/07/2007 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband