Visit to property

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Types and Management Visit to property
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
Martip04
24 Posts
1 Thanks
HI,
I apologise for all these emails but we seem to have a very difficult situation with this tenant.
I have asked on 4 separate occassions to allowed to inspect the property (the tenant agreed that we would inspect every six weeks when signing the agreement)and the tenant has not allowed it.
Now I have received a letter from the environmental officer of the local council saying he was asked to visit because there was a leak in the b/room rad. I was not told of this.
I asked the officer if I had grounds to inspect because of this and he said yes , it comes under essential repairs as it could affect the flat below.
I have now written again to the Tenant stating that I would like to visit on wednesday morning (or evening if she wants to be present).
I have copied this request to the council officer and her legal advisor. Can I go ahead and inspect the place without getting into trouble.
02/07/2007 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Remove a Tenant
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions