Join the Residential Landlords Association

what can i do

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Types and Management what can i do
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
12 Posts
0 Thanks
I issued a section 8 on your advise and the tenant is now in rent arrears.
The tenant is receiveing housing beneift which is sent directly to me but she is not entitled to full housing benefit and has failed to pay the top up rent.
I have been monitoring the property and it seems she is no longer staying at the flat, her post is not being taken from the letterbox or from the flat. I have writtten to her and received no repsonse.
I have entered the property now about once a week and i am sure she has left, there is no food, no fridge and all gas and electric have been turned off. There is a plain matress on the floor in the bedroom and 2 stools in the kitchen but no clothes, tv, toiletries. Can i remove these few possessions and put them in storage, change the locks and relet the flat? Do i inform the council what i think has happened? If i do they will immeadiately stop the housing benefit i do receive as she will be making a fraudulent claim. I await you advise. Sharon
10/07/2007 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
Ideal Flatmate
John Pye Auctions