Vanishing Tenant

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Types and Management Vanishing Tenant
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
36 Posts
2 Thanks
I have a tenant in a room in a shared house who has not been seen for around 3 months. Some personal stuff is still in his room so he does not appear to have cleared out. Letters put under his door are still lying there unopened. I had a mobile number which he answered about 6 weeks ago saying he was working away and promising to send me a rent cheque. No cheque appeared and the phone was never answered again. Now it is disconnected. He gave me his parent's address but they claim to be likewise in the dark.

I issued an S8 notice two weeks ago on the grounds of two month's unpaid rent, but of course he will not have opened it or be aware of it.

I take it I must now spend 150 on a court Order with N5 and N119 as detailed in your Explanatory Notes? If he does not respond, will there still be a hearing? And if I get the eviction notice, do I *need* the Bailiffs if he is not physically in the room?

thanks

16/08/2007 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband