Non paying tenents -month before departure!!

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Types and Management Non paying tenents -month before departure!!
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
1 Posts
0 Thanks
I hope someone can help. My tenants gave me 2 months notice to leave(as i requested at the start of the contract)on the 8/7/07 although it does finish a week later after rent is due. Anyway, three weeks has gone by and no rent has been paid in. I have phoned, texted, knocked and posted a letter but to no avail. It seems they are obviously ignoring me, I know they are or someone is there as lights and windows are opening and shutting and going on and off. The deposit they paid is less than the rent now plus the extra week top of that is owed. I explained in my last letter that the deposit money can not be used as rent money. They have paid ten days late before and was very sorry.
I am going to send a letter by recorded delivery to see if i get a response. What can i do legally about this situation,??? Suggestions and advice very welcome.

Many thanks

19/08/2007 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband