Establishing if tenants have left

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Types and Management Establishing if tenants have left
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
I
Ian_678
2 Posts
0 Thanks
I have a tenant who is in rent arears. She does not answer her telephone or respond to text messages or to correspondence. When I paid a visit to the property I was threatened by a man with a baseball bat who said the rent was not being paid because the boiler did not work. The tenant forcibly restrained this man. No complaints have been made to me about the boiler. I called the police who told me, after visiting the tenant,that the tenant intended to leave the property. Also that the man accused me of intimidation and trying to force entry ( I AM A 59 YEAR OLD WOMAN)I served a section 8 notice. I received a letter from the tenant stating that I should only contact her through her solicitor but she gave no clue as to who that was and that she intended to leave and would let me know when. That was a month ago. I sent a letter to inform my intention to enter the property to establish if she is still there since she still does not answer the phone. I went to the property and the key did not turn in the lock.I have made many phone calls but they are not answered. Please can you advise me what the best course of action is?
03/10/2007 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband