agency/tenant nightmares...

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Types and Management agency/tenant nightmares...
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
A
Andrea_570
8 Posts
0 Thanks
I have a tenant who "looked wrong" when on the day of moving in when I first met her. (She also has an 8 year old son.) I called the agency, stressed my misgivings and was told that her father was guarantor and he had been credit checked successfully. I also asked for confirmation that a section 21b would be filled in and was reassured about this.
Needless to say, 2 months rent are now in arrears, the tenant is claiming that the father has died and that the council are about to pay 3/4 of the 1200 a month. To cap it all, she says that she is 5 months preganant.
Can I challenge the agency legally re bad advice/return of commission?
Shall I go for Section 8? I fear that if the council does pay a bit and/or she turns up at court heavily pregnant we will get nowhere.
Or should I just wait, serve a section 21b after 4 months of tenancy and go for accelerated possession at 6 months? I think that the contract was for a year rather than 6 months though.... Help!

26/10/2007 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband