Possession Order obtained, but tenant pays regular now

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Types and Management Possession Order obtained, but tenant pays regular now
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
26 Posts
0 Thanks
A 6 months AST started on 26th Jan 07 @135 per week. Earlier tenant was getting 128pw Housing benefit for few weeks, then she started a job and her housing benefit has been reduced to 59pw. The tenant started building up arrears, as not paying the top up. Then I started court proceedings via Sec 8 (Rent arrears), court ordered possession for 26th Sep 07, and asked to pay rent arrears of 800. Since, then she has been paying top-up of 75pw by standing order, and paying extra 100 to clear the arrears. They seem to be okay people, but I need to be careful. At the moment, I have not applied for warrant of possession, as she is paying full rent of 135 pw (59 from housing benefit + 75 top-up via standing order).

Is there any time limit defined by the court, that a warrant must be issued after the possession order has been made, as I do not want to create a new tenancy, rather to issue a warrant if any single payment is missed.

Any confirmation would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,
Gajendra Modi
email : gpmodi@yahoo.com

13/11/2007 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband