Tenant Disappeared

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Types and Management Tenant Disappeared
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
1 Posts
0 Thanks
A tenant is now two months in arrears. I received a text message from a 'friend' of the tenant saying that the tenant had suffered an industrial accident and was in hospital miles away. I have tried to contact the tenant but have subsequently heard nothing. The tenant lived on his own at the property and I have no contact details for friends or family. On visiting the property, some of the tenants possessions are still in the property but it seems he is not living there. I opened some of the mail and there are numerous court summons, letters from debt collectors and the utilities have been cut off. I am concerned that this guy did not have an accident and just made this up to give him more time to disappear as he owes a lot of money to several agencies. The tenancy agreement is only 4 months old with 2 months rent paid up front. How can I take back the property and get rid of all his stuff and rent it out to another tenant? Do I have to go to court to do this? do i have to store his stuff or just skip it? Any advice will be much appreciated.
27/11/2007 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband