Tenant on Remand

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Types and Management Tenant on Remand
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
11 Posts
0 Thanks
My tenant has been arrested on importation charges and a couple of suspect passports - he is a flight risk and as such has been held in HMP Belmarsh. He is only 1 month in arrears.

1. He is on remand at the moment - is there anything within section 8 that allows me to gain possession now ? Class A drugs were delivered to the flat and the passports also found there.

2. If he is found guilty and sentenced to a prison term can I get a speedy possession ? Would I still have to go through section 8 procedure ?

3. If he is sentenced am I still responsible for storing his possession and furiture or does the state bear the cost ? Could be a little while !!!

4. If I were to pay him a vist at the prison and get him to agree to give me the keys back would I just need some appropriate paperwork for him to sign - ie: an agreement we have both agreed to terminate the AST ?

5. Section 21 expires March 3rd 2008 - Is he able to fight a section 21 from Prison ? that is, can I just go in and arrange storage of his stuff as he will not be there to physically bar the way ?

Thanks a lot

Rob

05/12/2007 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband