Maintenance Dispute

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Types and Management Maintenance Dispute
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
A
Amatuer Landlord
61 Posts
3 Thanks
I own 5 flats in a block of 25 – between myself & 2 other Landlords we own 12 of the 25 flats.

The Management Co are very good at spending our money on maintenance that is usually charged at a high price for poor quality workmanship. This leaves us with a feeling that we are constantly being ‘ripped off’ – but I am sure we are not the only Landlords with that feeling!

They have now given us notice that we should budget for an additional £900 per flat for exterior painting of the building next year. This is on top of an additional £700 per flat to repair some road drains in the car park area, also next year.

My question is if we can get the majority of Landlords and owners together do we have any ‘power’ to stop, or postpone, the painting of the building? The building, in our opinion, does not require re-painting and probably will not for the next few years.

Regards

24/07/2008 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions