AST for individual tenants in a flat share

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Types and Management AST for individual tenants in a flat share
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
C
Crystal
2 Posts
0 Thanks
I have two AST's one for each tenant sharing a room in my property,(@ 400 per tenant plus bills) and shared use of the rest of the flat. (I'm a live-out landlord). They are no relation to eachother. One of the tenants is leaving and having advertised for a new (single)tenant for the room a chap has applied but says he would like his girlfriend to stay over too and he has have offered to pay 2/3 of the overall costs of the flat.. Don't know what to do, as it has always been one (single)tenant per room.
1. Should I accept and ask him to pay 600pm plus 2/3 of bills and reduce the other tenants rent to 200pm plus 1/3 of bills, or
2. Should I accept and ask him to pay 600pm plus 2/3 of bills and keep the existing tenant at 400pm plus bills, so overall rent of 1000pm, or
3. Steer clear?

Would be grateful for any advice, please, thanks.

12/06/2010 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Remove a Tenant
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions