Can I seek some some initial advice with regard to an issue with a management company at one of my rental properties.
Over a period of time I have lost contact with the maintenance management company. There have been a number of changes to this company and I have also moved address. In the past I have been in dispute with the original company as works were not being done to maintain the grounds,etc at the property.
It has now come to light that they have a county court judgement against me. Apparently all communication had been sent to the rental property - but unfortunately the tenant has not been forwarding the correspondence.
Since receieving the judgement I have actioned:-
1. Made contact with the new management company
2. Made contact with the new management company's solicitors
3. Applied to the court to set the judgement aside
I fully appreciate that there will be certain back payments due. However, I would like to have full details of these outstanding charges including an indication of the works carried out on the property.
Therefore, I seek advice on:-
1. My legal position and next course of action?
2. Can I ask for a full breakdown of works carried out by the managemnt company?
3. Should I try and contact other landlords at the aprtment b lock to see if they have similar issues?
4. Is this a common scenario within your landlord membership?
Basically - any advice would be most welcome!
Want to read more?
This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.