tenant changing HMO room - new tenancy?

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Types and Management tenant changing HMO room - new tenancy?
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
O
Oldie
8 Posts
1 Thanks
An existing HMO tenant - current RLA agreement and RLA guarantor agreement- wants to move to a newly vacated room, about to be relet, in the same HMO as he feels it's quieter; back of building rather than road; all terms the same. He's a reasonable tenant, though lost job and now on LHA. I have no real objection.
Do you think it would be sufficient to sign & witness an alteration to the existing agreement, or would the change be fundamental and need a new agreement? The paperwork would be a minor hassle but the guarantor may not be so easy to re-sign up. If the existing agreement was just altered, would it be enough, or advisable, to advise the guarantor? The sums aren't large, only 60 pw, but I guess guarantors can cut up rough and 'go legal' if pressed for rent or breach costs.
Anything long-drawn-out just stops me reletting whichever room turns out to be vacant. Your words of wisdom would be appreciated!

Nigel Hall

06/04/2010 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband