Unmanaged communial area

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Types and Management Unmanaged communial area
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Forum Avatar
JK
9 Posts
1 Thanks
Dear Sir,
I own a 2 bedroom flat in North Shields, which I let out.
Recently, my current tenants have handed in the notice and I have re-advertised for tenants through a letting agent.
The Letting agents have shown this flat to numerous individuals in the last month without any success. I've been told by the letting agents that the communial area has never been cleaned or maintained. They've had cigarette butts and even mice at one stage. The security door lock is broken and has never been fixed.
The management agents are infact the builders of the block of flats. Their arguement is that no one has paid the service charge. However in the 2 years that Ive had this flat (since new) I have never recieved a bill for the service charge (neither has any other flat owner).
Ive had to pay 150 pounds to repair a boiler, yet the property was purchased brand new. I am aware of 6 other flat owners having similar problems with their boilers.
I currently live in Southampton (which is about 6 hours drive from this flat), making it impossible for me to check the state of the premises.
I wish to sort this issue out asap without compromising loss of rental.
Can you help?

Regards

Mr Jaggy Khela

This member has been thanked by 1 member for this post.
22/06/2009 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband