All inclusive utility bills with rent

You are here : Member Forums Access All inclusive utility bills with rent
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
S
salford landlord
1 Posts
2 Thanks
Hi,

I rent several student properties in Greater Manchester area, and am considering starting to do "all inclusive" rent (ie: rent will cover all gas, electric, water bills etc). Up until now, have just charged rent and had all bills in tenants' names.

However, seems that increasingly most students want/ prefer/ even expect, to pay higher rent and not have to worry about bills.

I am happy to consider this, but obviously fear they will leave heating on 24/7 (as many of them do! There houses are roasting sometimes!) and the additional charge will not cover it.

Was wondering how much other landlords add on for all inclusive deals, how much you pay annually (roughly on average) and if it's turned into a nightmare. I don't want to charge a sky-high figure but don't want to pay out 1000's in excess bills. Houses are 3 & 4 bed terraces, new-to-5 year old combi boilers GCH, double glazed and attics insulated.

Any thoughts much appriciated, many thanks.

This member has been thanked by 2 members for this post.
30/01/2013 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband