Managing someone elses HMO

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Types and Management Managing someone elses HMO
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Forum Avatar
Ray D
733 Posts
123 Thanks
Hi,
Another landlord I know is emigrating and has asked me to manage his portfolio of six properties(Which he does not intend to sell). Generally I see this as no problem but one on his propertiesis a 3 store, six bedroom HMO (Two bedroom in a converted roof space). I know he is not a licenced HMO landlord (Neither am I) and the property is not a licenced property although he had initial contact from the council a couple of years ago but he has basically kept his head down since then and the council seems to have been to busy to follow up!. There is certainly at least some work required to bring the property up to full HMO standard although it is genreally in a good state of repair, has interlinked mains smoke and heat alarms etc and he generally takes his maintenance responsibilities seriously. I want to help him with him so what can I do and stay legit prefereably without registering myself at this stage as an HMO landlord. Can I manage the property day to day, say without collecting the rent and letting him take the risk. Can he register as an overseas resident?
13/07/2009 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband