Changing Monthly payments to weekly

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Types and Management Changing Monthly payments to weekly
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
H
Hari
11 Posts
0 Thanks
Hi
One of my tenants lost job and could not pay for about 3 months.He was paying 375 pcm. His payments are still in arears but he has now found a job and has started paying weekly. I have AST agreement dated 8 June 2007 and have not renewed it since so it is now periodic tenancy.

1. I want to obtain a new AST agreement for six months with Weekly payments of 86.50 instead of monthly. I want to say 2 weeks payment in advance (like we say 2 months payment in advance)in the agreement. He is paying now 100 weekly, so this excess 13.50 I want to use to repay my arrears.

2. Can I obtain an AST agreement for less than 6 months. If yes, can I use the standard RLA agreement or I have to amend it in anyway.

3. In fact I am selling this property and do not want to evict him, if possible. Also a periodic tenancy can not be assigned to the new landlord, so I want to obtain new AST agreement for 6 months which can be assigned on sale. New buyer is also keen to keep the existing tenants.

I shall be greateful your valued advice.

Hari

13/09/2010 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband