CHECK-OUT AND CHECK IN

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Types and Management CHECK-OUT AND CHECK IN
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
7 Posts
0 Thanks
I have a new tenant moving in to take over a room in a flat which is shared by two other friends. I have asked that we do a check- out report when the existing tenant moves out which also means that they have to do a clean etc of the flat so that when the new tenant moves in they are starting a fresh.

Re the Check-in report: The new tenant moves in a week after the old tenant moves out. Do I do the check in report on the day the new tenant moves in. My worry is what about the week in between that should the other two remaining flat mates who are staying damage something while we wait to do the check out then the new tenant will not want to be held responsbile for it. Is there an interim clause for the existing tenants that I can say that if any damage occurs inbetween time it is there responsilbity to pay.

Thanks

Lucy

16/11/2010 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband